Rosen Method is a transformation-oriented bodywork which brings, through aware touch and dialogue, the light of consciousness to the darkness of the unconscious embedded in our body. Rosen Method addresses directly the source of our suffering —feeling cut off from our authentic self— and transforms us through healing that sense of separation.
Rosen Method bodywork is an invitation to enter into a relationship with your inner world in your body. You learn to develop the ability to observe yourself without judging yourself, facilitated by the contact of the loving hands and the witnessing presence of the practitioner.
Both the practitioner and the client develop a field of awareness and collaboration. Together we notice, we connect with, we open up and we remove the layers of chronic tension that separate you from your authentic self.
As the process unfolds, consciousness gradually re-enters these areas that you had to avoid, reject, deny, ignore and hide because they were too painful .You feel widened, expanded, lighter, softer, freer. You uncover, beneath the chronic tensions, another you, your authentic self. In that state you experience deep acceptance, you are reconnected to the essence of all life, to your inner wisdom, to your spontaneous unconditional love, to your joie-de-vivre.
Awareness is the key and the agent of the transformation.
Rosen Method bodywork is a slow, organic process done in private sessions. Each session lasts one hour and is totally confidential. A series of sessions is recommended.
At our first meeting, we will sit together to get acquainted. I will explain the process to you and answer your questions. Then you will you lie on the massage table for your 55 minutes session.
As the practitioner, my hands are full of awareness, applying gentle contact, communicating awareness to your body, re-awakening the areas they touch and hold;
- My hands show you the different layers of chronic tensions and help you to stay with the tension until it is ready to let go; we keep peeling away these protective layers, like you peel an onion.
- I listen to your body responses. I ask your non-conscious self in your body: “What happened that made you have to hold on, hold back, hold in and keep holding yourself together?” We start a deep exploration of the root causes of the tensions.
- I track your breathing patterns, watching how your breath shifts when tension is released,
- I keep mirroring your process with my hands and my words, I have no agenda to change anything, I keep supporting you staying present.
- At times, I notice that a deeper easier flow of energy is moving through the core of your body, I invite you to recognize these moments when you find yourself free of holdings and are in touch with your true self.
As the client, you turn your attention inside and stay alert to all parts of yourself. Over the course of our work together , the process is about:
- Feeling the sensations of stiffness, of holding, of gripping, of softening, of tingling, of breathing, just sensing and accepting it all as it is,
- Allowing buried feelings, painful emotions and memories to float up to awareness, without judging them, staying focused on the feeling experience within your body; letting anger, hatred, jealousy, hostility, despair, fear, disgust, desire, be as acceptable as the positive emotions of joy, love, compassion, well-being,
- Allowing me to hold your most intense emotions in my hands and noticing how they dissolve into our field of awareness,
- Allowing desires to manifest without engaging in their stories,
- Communicating verbally what you notice in this moment, here and now.
Call today for a free consultation and/or to make an appointment for a session.